Saturday 23 May 2009

Gaming Diary: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Yo guys! In this months Gaming Diary I'm talking about my adventures in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.

My character is an Orc called Ghazghkull (which I totally didn't steal after flicking through the Warhammer 40k rule book). I made him your average Orc and I decided to act like one too. One of the first things I did was kill off a whole village and killed many guards. When I say 'killed' it was more like I ran away until they got killed by something and I finished them off (E.g. I was running away from one in a cave when he fell down into a spike pit.). If that wasn't happening I was usually being chased by angered horses that I hurt by accident.

After realizing I had caught 3 disease's, still only level 1 and having a bounty of 5000+. I thought it was about time to do some quests. So I joined The Dark Brotherhood. Which I really enjoyed. The fact there seemed to be many ways to kill one person was pretty cool. Although the one where you had to drop the mounted head onto the elf's head was hard. A lil tip: Go through the basement! I wish they had told me that back in The 'Hoods lair.

Which leads me neatly to what I love about this game the most. How you never know what's going to happen! This elf had a body guard of sorts who weld a big ass war hammer. I was under strict instructions by my employer to keep him alive or I wasn't going to get extra stuff. So after escaping without hurting him and protecting him from the guards (while he was chasing me of course) I thought I won't be seeing him again. How wrong I was. Later on, I was going to a little pub in Burma (I think) to sell some stolen goods. I walked into the pub when suddenly a big man stood up with a big hammer and ran at me and started to beat me up! I was like 'What have I done to deserve this!' Then I realized who it was! It was my old body guard 'friend'.

Stuff like this is what makes Oblivion a great game. The fact that you never know what's going to happen and its set in such an world it seems anything is possible. Now I know the PC version is much better so please excuse me that I'm playing the 360 version but my PC isn't up to much so this is the only way.

I will review the game... In a few years time when I feel I have got everything out of it!

picture from: http://digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/oblivion.jpg

No comments: